Nestled in the northern part of Vietnam, Ninh Binh is a captivating destination that offers a mix of natural beauty and cultural heritage.
Known as the "Halong Bay on land," this enchanting region is renowned for its stunning landscapes of limestone karsts, lush rice fields, and meandering rivers.
The highlight of Ninh Binh is undoubtedly the Trang An Landscape Complex. A UNESCO World Heritage site that boasts a network of caves, grottoes, and emerald-colored waterways.
Top 7 Things to See in Ninh Binh!
1. First on the list to see in Ninh Binh is Tam Coc. Often referred to as the "Halong Bay on land." This stunning landscape features limestone karsts rising from emerald-green rice fields, and a boat ride along the Ngo Dong River will take you through scenic caves and towering cliffs.
2. Next, is to make your way to Trang An, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its intricate cave systems, serene waterways, and breathtaking scenery. This boat ride is longer than the Tam Coc rowing boat experience. A personal recommendation of ours is to choose this ride as it is the most beautiful. Gliding through one particular cave which is approximately 1km long, to emerge at the exit in to sublime beauty! Wonderful!
3. Another must-visit spot in Ninh Binh is the ancient capital of Hoa Lu, where you can explore the well-preserved temples dedicated to the Dinh and Le dynasties. This can be combined with a rowing boat trip to Tam Coc or Trang An in our Day trips.
4. For a dose of spirituality, head to Bai Dinh Pagoda, the largest Buddhist complex in Vietnam, boasting stunning architecture and serene surroundings. Another personal recommendation of ours is to include the Stupa, which is a tall tower, with a lift or steps to tremendous panoramic views of the whole complex...best view in Ninh Binh!
5. Don't miss the opportunity to visit Cuc Phuong National Park, the country's first national park, home to a diverse range of flora and fauna, including the endangered langur species. We can organise treks or camping in the Cuc Phuong national park, along with sup board or kayaking opportunities too.
6. For an adrenaline rush, take a boat ride through the Van Long Nature Reserve, known for its stunning landscapes and the chance to spot elusive langurs and other wildlife. A client of ours took some amazing photos of the wildlife & birds on a recent trip. This is the best place for budding photographers travelling to Vietnam.
7. Lastly, climb up the steps of Hang Mua, or Mua Cave, to be rewarded with panoramic views of Ninh Binh's stunning countryside. It's a climb of 500 steps and a challenge for some people, but with plenty of opportunities to rest on the way up, it is simply well worth the effort when you reach the top. Another great view in Ninh Binh.
With its natural wonders, rich cultural heritage, and magnificent landscapes. Ninh Binh offers a memorable experience for any traveller seeking a unique and immersive destination in Vietnam.
Check out our tours in Ninh Binh now or include them in your package with us.